In 1997 GFS Ltd was formed as a joint venture company to supply a fully integrated road transport, stevedoring & materials handling service for the Chevron Gobe Petroleum Development Project in the Gulf and Southern Highlands provinces of Papua New Guinea.
Shareholding of the joint venture included 2 local landowner companies Kikori Oil Investments, Gobe Field Engineering and a nationally owned transport company.
After the completion of the construction stage of the Gobe project, GFS Ltd was offered under contract to service the infield production and exploration operations of ChevronTexaco and eventually the new operator Oil Search Limited.
GFS Ltd also operated and maintained the OSL owned vehicle ferry which was located 41 kilometres north of Kopi on the Kikoririver. This has now been replaced by a bridge.
Following the change of the field operator from ChevronTexaco to Oil Search Ltd, there was also a change to GFS Ltd shareholding where the company became a 100% locally owned company from the project area.
The current shareholders are:
- Kikori Oil Investments (40%)
- Gobe Field Engineering (40%)
- Bogasi Investments (15%)
- Parua Uki (5%)
- In September 2007 the GFS Ltd Board of Directors decided to expand the operations of the company and open a service centre in Port Moresby.
- Setting up our service centre with an office, workshop, transport yard, that involved relocating some of the existing fleet and staff from our infield site and the purchase of a substantial amount of new equipment, has provided Port Moresby business houses with a serious alternative transport & logistics service provider. Our attitude to providing a service that exceeds our customers expectations has seen the business grow quite rapidly and substantially.
- The management and staff of GFS Ltd in Port Moresby have mirrored the OHS&E policies, standards and operating procedures that are currently in place at our infield operations to ensure that we not only provide service excellence but perform our tasks safely with the goal to have incident free operations.
- The senior management team of GFS Ltd has a vast number of years of experience within the PNG transport industry.
- The team consists of the following personnel:
- Tim Madgwick: Over 15 years of PNG experience working in transport and manufacturing industries.
- Wayne Lamont: Over 30 years of transport management experience most in PNG.
- Gary King: Over 20 years of oil industry logistics experience mostly in PNG.
- Grant Luders: Over 20 years of mechanical & fleet management experience.
- Andrew Kaina: Over 15 years of transport supervisory and management experience.
- Hari Avara: Over 20 years of Finance and administration experience.
- Wesley Lokowi: Over 10 years of custom clearance management.
GFS Limited uses a fully integrated software system comprising of: An accoun..Read More
GFS Limited offers a container pick and drop off collection service from the a..Read More
GFS Limited can offer fast and efficient local Customs clearance formalities i..Read More
Our current fleet resources in Port Moresby consists of the following; 12 x..Read More